- Reusing cardboard boxes and packaging materials
- Reusing office supplies such as envelopes, file folders and hanging folders
- Eliminating disposable cups in favor of mugs and reusable cups
- Using recycled paper, folders, and office supplies whenever possible
- Recycling paper and plastic in each of our 10 locations
Green Moving Solutions and Equipment Recycling:
- Drivers and staff utilize electronic toll passes
- Water dispensers vs. bottled water in our offices
- Print documents double-sided
- Donate unwanted items to non-profits and homeless shelters
- Monitor air, heating, and lighting
- Electronic dispatch to save materials
In a effort to reduce the carbon foot print created by cardboard moving supplies on our household moves, Lile has partnered with Karmaboxx, a Seattle-based moving supply service that offers convenient, affordable, and eco-friendly alternatives to cardboard moving supplies. You simply order online, karmaboxx delivers your moving supplies and boxes, Lile handles your move, and karmaboxx will come to your new home to pick everything up. Karmaboxx’s moving boxes are made of 100% recycled material and used an average of 400 times. Karmaboxx is committed to their local communities and donates 2% of their gross sales to Northwest Harvest, and donates an additional 3 meals for all of Lile’s customers. Visit www.karmaboxx.com for more information.
For our Office and Business moves we offer E-Crates (Environment Crates), an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional boxes. E-Crates are durable plastic containers which are stackable and feature an integrated dolly system. Utilizing E-crates* for packing provides a 27%-40% labor savings due to time efficiencies. E-crates are up to 33% larger than most corrugated boxes which reduce the number of boxes required and decreases environmental waste. Lile also has partnered with American Electronics Recycling to provide customers with options for recycling unused equipment.
Lile International offers free used boxes to our interstate move customers. All moves are eligible to participate in our Electronics Recycling Program, as well as donate unwanted household goods through our partnership with Donor’s Resource, a local, woman-owned non-profit organization that connects people with unwanted items with non-profit organizations that need them.